RULES AND REGULATIONS
ALL vessels must be pre-registered and carry the FLOTILLA VESSEL ID NUMBER assigned to them on Friday, Nov. 24th at the Captain’s Meeting to be held at Sharky’s at 6 pm.
- ➢ All vessels must meet USCG Regulations
- ➢ CAPTAINS AND CREW are responsible for their own behavior➢Parade will be held rain or shine.
- ➢ The OIB Flotilla is a family-friendly, fun holiday event. Let’s have loads of fun, make lots of money and NO POLITICAL SIGNAGE PLEASE.PARADE PROCEDURE
- Staging area for parade participants is the Intracoastal Waterway, 1 mile west of Shallotte river at the log cabin at Windy Point, All captains, please monitor VHF channel #12 for communication and information.
- Paradelineupwillbeginat4:30andwillbeledbySEATOW.Participantsshouldbepreparedtobeginparadeat 5:30 sharp.
- PLEASE DO NOT TURN DECORATIVE LIGHTING ON UNTIL PARADE BEGINS.
- Please travel at no wake speed and keep within 200 feet of the boat in front of you
- Parade route will proceed to the west, following Intracoastal Waterway, turning left into Ocean Isle Beach Commercial Canal. Just before entering canal, captains are to slow down and wait for the Committee Boat to signal you when it is your turn to enter the canal. Proceed past the OIB Fishing Center, Sharky’s, 59 Causeway and Sheffield’s and loop around to the left, returning back to Sharky’s. This is to allow time for judging. Participants are welcomed to dock/raft up at available space between Sheffield’s and the OIB Fishing Center for Awards Ceremony and Celebration at Sharky’s. No stopping or parking at Sharky’s until after the LAST BOAT had cleared the judging area.
- Judges will be viewing contestants from the back porch at Sharky’s. Please be sure that registration number is HIGHLY VISIBLE and that you proceed as slowly as possible when passing judges.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE AN UNDECORATED COMMITTEE BOAT WITH AMERICAN FLAG. FLOTILLA COMMITTEE MEMBERS WILL BE ON BOARD TO ADVISE CAPTAINS OF ANY CHANGES, OR TO ASSIST WITH PROBLEMS. PLEASE USE VHF CHANNELL 12 OR CALL 910-6127799 FOR HELP.